System performance and simulation engineer in the SEOSAT Project (ENG-1-25)Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Earth Observation (EO) for the following work.
OverviewThe holder of this post reports to the SEOSAT System and Payload Manager and will be working in close cooperation with the SEOSAT System Engineer. He/she will be in charge of system engineering support and the system simulation for the SEOSAT project.
His/her System engineering support duties will include:
- Support the System engineer in monitoring the system requirements compliance at satellite, subsystem and payload level, including carrying out sensitivity analysis of driving requirements and predicted performances;
- Participating to SEOSAT Engineering team meeting and technical and progress meetings with industry to understand and assess the impacts of the SEOSAT system design and implementation on the end-to-end performance.
- Preparing and maintaining system performance budgets and analysing impacts of the measured performance on the overall mission and system performance;
- Prepare and maintain tools for analysis satellite budgets, in close cooperation with the Engineering and Operations team.
- Monitoring and supporting the mission and system analysis tasks performed by the SEOSAT Contractor;
- Prepare, under the supervision of the System Engineer, the tools needed to prepare and carry out the System Performance verification and validation
- Support Project and Corporate reviews as required.
- Develop of support and simulation tools for system analysis and concurrent System engineering at ESTEC, as needed; in particular in the area of the satellite resource simulator and the End-to-end performance simulator
- Monitor the implementation and results of system simulation tools at the contractors
- Ensure concurrent runs of the Industry-provided models and integrate results and models from different sources (industrial contractor) to evaluate end-to-end performance.
- Support the System Engineer in the follow-up of the development of the end-to-end performance simulators (EIPS), the Ground Prototype Processor (GPP) and of the operational processor (OPP), also by participating to progress and technical meetings
- Support the development and the testing of the Payload Data Ground Segment.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Several years of professional experience relevant to this task.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
All applicants must hold a valid passport from a country of the European Union.
LocationThe work will be performed on site at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive excellent remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 27 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist with relocation.
- We offer a permanent position.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 1 March 2010 a complete and detailed Recruitment Form to Mr. Alex Jeanes, at email email@example.com quoting reference ENG-1-25.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their recruitment form to ESA on or before 4 March 2010. ESA will select the candidates for interview and Aurora will provide for interview travel costs. Should ESA select you then a formal letter of employment shall be issued with an agreed start date.