Aurora is a daughter company of LSE Space who themselves are part of the Swedish Space Corporation group. We are a friendly business, operate autonomously and benefit from our relationship within this corporate structure.
3 Software Engineers (SRE-123)Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA's Rosetta mission within the Science and Robotic Exploration Directorate (D/SRE).
OverviewThe purpose of these activities is to develop the Rosetta Science Ground Segment (SGS) subsystems, building on the existing prototypes where possible. The Science Operations Planning System (SOPS) consisting of the following subsystems:
- An information repository
- A web-based front end
- A rich client for opportunity analysis, planning and visualization
- #1 focuses on the repository and the web based front end.
- #2 focuses on the service layer and integration aspects.
- #3 focuses on a rich client front end for the planning module.
Specific qualification requirementsApplicants must have a university degree in a Science discipline and preferably in IT.
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in design and development of object oriented software within a team.
- Experience with Java, preferably with the Enterprise Edition (JEE) in combination with the Glassfish Application Server.
- Knowledge of science operations on an ESA mission.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with XML-technologies.
- Capability of writing clear and concise documentation is required.
- The candidate should be fluent in English.
All applicants must be legally allowed to work in the Spain and hold a passport from the European Union.
LocationThe work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre, at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid, Spain.
- We offer employment until retirement age.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 29 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 12 November 2010 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Recruitment Form to Mr. Alex Jeanes, at email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SRE-123.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their recruitment form to ESA by 17 November 2010. ESA will select the candidates for interview at ESAC and Aurora will provide for interview travel costs. Should ESA select you then a formal letter of employment shall be issued with an agreed start date.