Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Support Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including test definition and preparation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer.
- Perform and support testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterization facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results.
- Support the Antenna Laboratory Maintenance and Equipment Calibration activities.
- Hands-on antenna modelling and testing support to projects and ESA space missions (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation).
- Initiate and engage in testing activities aiming at enabling the Antenna Laboratory to expand its testing capabilities in view of future ESA space missions.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
- Master Degree.
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain).
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems.
- Good working knowledge on propagation of EM waves.
- Good working knowledge on measurement uncertainties on antenna parameters.
- Capability and passion for performing activities related to all aspects radiative antenna testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way.
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Team player.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes 15,7% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 10 December 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-984 (RT-C/TEC-EFA/00984) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 12 December 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!