Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SWC – Software & Control Systems.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit (as AOCS/GNC Sensors Engineer) for the development and procurement of sensors and actuators. The Sensors Unit is in charge of gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras, 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC.
- The post holder will have access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies can be independently characterised.
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree or PhD in Electronics engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity.
- Familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy).
- A strong background in electronics (digital, analogue or both), and previous design experience.
- Familiar with reviewing schematics, worst case and part stress analyses.
- Good knowledge of the particularities of space electronics (protection of sensitive components, filtering of single events etc…).
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 27 October 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SWC-646 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 30 October 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!