Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Navigation.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- The Application and IT Asset Coordinator (AAC) interfaces projects and programmes users of the Navigation Directorate (NAV) for all aspects of IT applications, in particular Requirements Engineering tools, foremost DOORS, and supports the management of all IT assets operated by the directorate.
- The AAC is the main person overseeing the status of all directorate specific IT assets, interfaces the corporate IT functions to maintain compliancy and up-to-date license and patch status, and drives the yearly cycles of license and service renewals. The processes requires also a continued tracking of the user requirements and business cases, support service reviews and IT management meetings with expert knowledge and analysing routinely the performance of the directorate’s application installations.
- The AAC provides expert level support for NAV’s requirements engineering systems, in particular DOORS, which evolves towards an MBSE within the ESA Digital Agenda. Here the AAC defines with users detailed business cases and requirements. Users are directly supported for the set-up of projects, specific configurations and access management. The unclassified NAV DOORS is operated on an ESA Cloud service which is to be managed by the ACC. The tasks include to analyse security and compliancy aspects for access to the DOORS system from inside and outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users. The work is done closely with corporate IT services finding the best possible solutions.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- University engineering degree (Master) with substantial coverage of hardware, software, general IT processes and IT standards.
- Education in ITIL or equivalent IT service management foundation is an asset.
- The minimum of 4 years of relevant experience can be compensated with specific knowledge in the Navigation Directorate’s field of interests.
- The ACC is a professional with excellent knowledge in IT application management, information management and customer management.
- Excellent understanding of modern IT system and service definition, implementation and maintenance process.
- Knowledge of Product Engineering and Configuration Lifecycle Management (PLM) and applicable ISO standards are an asset.
- The work associated to this position might require handling of classified data and documentation in dedicated physical locations.
- The ACC candidate shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personal Security Clearance.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 21 April 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting NAV-106 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 23 April 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!