Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of FAM- Facility Management. We are looking for an Assistant Security Officer to support the Health, Safety and Security Section, in the Directorate of HIF.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The post covers support in the field of Security Management under the responsibility of the Head of the ESTEC Health, Safety & Security Section. As such it involves oversight of security operations and ensuring that security management procedures are properly conducted at ESTEC and it includes the following responsibilities.
- Oversight of the security contractor that provides guarding, access and visitor management, monitoring, reporting, fire prevention and firefighting services.
- Ensuring the physical security of the ESTEC site, buildings, activities and events on site.
- Ensuring proper physical protection of the ESTEC site and adequate preparations for accidents, incidents, calamities or security infringement are in place.
- Executing investigations into security incidents and any lessons to be learnt.
- Monitoring and reporting on security practices on site.
- Maintaining up to date documentation in respect of security procedures and the compliance with relevant policies and standards.
- Analyse data and reports to form proposals for improvements.
- Support the ESTEC Head Health, Safety & Security Section.
- Represent the Security and Safety Section in meetings requiring security input and coordination.
Appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields.
- Proven record of working experience in an International and multicultural context like ESTEC.
- Knowledgeability to quickly grasp and deal with the ESTEC ethos and culture.
- Ability to write and review/correct (technical) documentation (reports, procedures) in the English language.
- The official languages of the agency are English and French.
- A very good knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Dutch is essential.
- The incumbent must have excellent communications skills and the ability to work under demanding conditions and deal with complex situations.
- His/her ability to swiftly grasp, gain knowledge of and be able to work effectively with the particulars of the ESA-ESTEC site, the(operational)procedures and the organisational culture, is essential.
Specific qualification requirements
- A Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent is required.
- Applicants for this post should have in depth previous experience in the field of security supported by formal training.
- Experience in security management, conducting investigations and in conducting security compliance and improvement exercises, is important.
- The applicant should be able to establish effective interfaces. Tact and very good communication skills are required.
- The applicant must be willing and able to hold a Personal Security Clearance (PSC) while in post.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 30 June 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting FAM-HIF-177 (RT-C/HIF-ETH/00177) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 02 July 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!