Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section .
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Work Package covers support in the field of Security Management under the responsibility of the Head of the Security and Safety Section.
As such it involves oversight of security operations and ensuring that security management procedures are properly conducted at ESTEC and it includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversight of the security contractor that provides guarding, fire prevention and fire fighting services.
- Ensuring the physical security of the ESTEC site and buildings.
- Ensuring proper physical protection of the ESTEC site and adequate preparations for accident, incident, calamity or security infringement are in place.
- Executing investigations into security incidents.
- Monitoring and reporting on security practices on site.
- Maintaining up to date documentation in respect of security procedures.
- Support the Head of Security and Safety in his absence.
- Represent the Security and Safety Section in meetings requiring security input.
Specific qualification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- In depth previous experience in the field of security supported by formal training.
- Experience of investigations is essential.
- Be able to establish effective interfaces and good communication skills are highly desirable.
- Proven record of working experience within ESTEC.
- In-depth knowledge of the ESTEC ethos and culture.
- Ability to write (technical) documentation in the English language.
- The working languages of the agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these languages is required. The ability to communicate in the Dutch language is essential.
- The incumbent must have excellent communications skills and the ability to work under demanding conditions.
- His/her knowledge of the ESA-ESTEC site and procedures is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 18 November 2018 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FAM-87 (RT-P/HIF-ETH/00087).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 20 November 2018, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!