Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of BPC- Business Process & Cost Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
This position covers tasks related to evolution of requirements for process and tools in support to ESA Corporate and/or Business Unit level controlling as well as analysis of related information for the DG. As such it includes the following main tasks:
- Support the design and development of models and related data models to be implemented in the ESA model developed by DG-AE (including expansion of scope and integration of Directorates’ specific needs).
- Support data mining and analysis for corporate controlling activities at ESA level.
- Supporting the definition and development of IT systems and databases in support of Evaluation and Internal Audit activities.
- Support the development of simulation capabilities by leveraging the ESAmodel and its data sources (e.g. Multi-Agent approach).
- Configuration management for databases and IT systems.
- Support the production of internal and external reports.
Specific qualification requirements
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
- Strong mathematic and statistical modelling skills.
- Understanding of mathematic-business models for financial planning and forecasting.
- Good knowledge of programming (Relational Databases, SQL, Oracle, Matlab, Visual Basic).
- Knowledge of most popular IT application in support of Corporate and Project Management related processes (ERP Project planning, Procurement, Workforce Management).
- Knowledge of Corporate and macroeconomic reporting practices.
- Proficiency in configuration management for databases and IT systems.
- Understanding of Information Systems management issues.
- Strong team spirit, including ability to organise work according to needs and requirements of multiple team members and stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn, fast and continuously.
- Capability to absorb high workload.
- Deliver on time and on quality.
- Ability to document the work provided
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 9 December 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BPC-86 ( RT-C/DG-A/0086) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 13 December 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!