Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section .
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The work package encompasses the following:
- The maintenance and development of the site general infrastructure consisting of buildings and technical facilities including offices, laboratories with several cleanrooms, technical areas such as central productions of hot & chilled water, power plants with diesel generators, water treatment roads, water and sewage networks.
- The management of an outsourced performance based FM hard services contract that covers the maintenance and operation of the site as well as the execution of infrastructure modifications and small projects in the civil, mechanical, electrical and fire security and automation domains.
- The generation and/or distribution of utilities on site.
- The execution of projects, in line with sound project management principles, for the construction of new buildings, facilities and infrastructure and for the refurbishment or modification of existing ones.
This work package covers the provision of electrical, mechanical, civil and maintenance engineering and technical support. The Work package covers the following activities, including but not limited to:
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operating on site.
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractors companies on site assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels.
- Provision of technical support for the management of projects related to the Facilities Management domain (e.g. technical infrastructure installation renewal, facility refurbishment, new installation or new construction).
- Analysis of technical failures and identification of corresponding technical solutions.
- Provision of support for the preparation of programmes of requirements in consultation with the facility end-users and for the production of the relevant technical specifications.
- Provision of support for the preparation of domain specific installations’ inspection programme and propose modifications/upgrades to be completed.
- Provision of technical expertise and consultancy support on all present and foreseen systems notably with regards to their maintenance, repair, overhaul, improvement, upgrade or replacement as well as systems safety-related matters.
- Active participation into technical investigations, preparation and reviews of feasibility studies, preparation and reviews of cost estimates, control and acceptance of “as built” documentation, progress and participation to review meetings.
Specific qualification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Experience in work preparation and technical solutions and in work supervision.
- Good knowledge of local site national civil norms and regulations.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset for the position.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 18 November 2018 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FAM-86 (RT-P/HIF-ETF/00086).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 20 November 2018, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!