Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering, supporting the Requirements & Standards Section.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Requirements & Standards Section provides engineering and administrative support to the Agency’s European Cooperation for Space Standardisation (ECSS standardisation activities and its European Space Components Coordination (ESCC) components standardisation and qualification programme. The section is responsible to provide ESCC secretariat functions, managing the ESCC specifications system for space components, qualifying and certifying components and manufacturers, publishing the ESCC Qualified Parts List (QPL), Qualified Manufacturers List (QML) and Process Capability Approval (PCA), performing associated quality assurance activities including audits of manufacturers and non-conformance follow-up managing the European Preferred Parts List (EPPL) and its publication, managing ESCIES.org, spacecomponents.org and supported web tools.
You will be expected to provide support and expertise in, at least one (or more) of the following fields:
- Passive Components.
- Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF.
Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave.
- Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics.
- Reliability of the related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape.
- Supporting the ESCC core executive functions covering the custody and management of the ESCC (European Space Components Coordination).
- Provide expert engineering support to the ESCC standardisation and qualification programme.
- Support studies in the area of components standardisation
- Supporting components evaluation and qualification programmes, non-conformance and failure investigations.
- Assessing existing and novel standards associated with component technologies for future space applications.
- Supporting project-specific activities in the selection, characterisation, verification, approval and application of parts listed in the ESCC QPL/QML/PCA/EPPL.
- Supporting the ESCC working groups, Component Technology Boards and the Space Components Steering Board for all activities related to components standardisation when applicable.
- Monitor Failure and Constructional Analyses tasks at the ESTEC component laboratory.
- Perform components manufacturers Audits.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in the above fields.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered apply for this Position
Prior to 28 September 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-747 (RT-C/TEC-QES/00747) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 30 September 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!