Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Main activities to be performed are:
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects and programmes regarding microwave, photonic or Si components throughout all project phases;
- Participating in project reviews and evaluation of procurement proposals;
- Contributing to the definition of technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programmes;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities;
- Supporting technology domain-related standardisation activities (ESCC, ECSS);
- Initiating and monitoring laboratory activities including preparation of test plans and reviews of test reports;
- Contributing to the dissemination of the results of the activities
performed and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
Specific qualification requirements
The candidate shall have:
- PhD or MSc in Electronics Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Four or more years of experience in EEE engineering, preferably for space application, in one or more of the domains: active microwave, Silicon and photonics.
- Experience from general EEE support for Space projects.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Good organisational skills.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
- NOTE: Candidates with less than 10 years experience are requested to provide the relevant academic transcripts.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 12 April 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-697 (RT-C/TEC-EDC/00697) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 14 April 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!