Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Science and Operations within the IT Unit onsite at ESTEC. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
As part of the Science and Operations IT Unit you will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with software developers, system administrators and other IT staff members.
- Assist in defining IT requirements into solutions.
- Support software developers with their software lifecycles (CI/CD).
- Assist in Infrastructure architectural design and software development activities.
- Support the system administrators with specific tasks, e.g. server maintenace, Oracle RDBMS maintenance, backups, etc.
- Support system administration of all computer systems used for ESA’s Science Department web portals, web apps and scientific research activities (installation, upgrading and regular security patching of the operating systems: Oracle Linux, Solaris, Ubuntu).
- Supporting and maintaining NAS devices, virtual environments, GRID computing systems and load balancers.
- Installation, security patching and support of commercial and open source software (Liferay, Content Server, Central Authentication System, Oracle Database, MySQL, PostgreSQL, web services, directory services, IDL, Matlab, Mathematica, backup services, license services).
- Provide proper documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure.
Specific qualification requirements
- Higher Education in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with scrum/agile methodologies.
- Familiar with Atlassian collaboration products (Confluence, Jira Software).
- Familiar with modern DevOps tools for IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Familiar with version control (Git, SVN) and version control tools (Gitlab, Github).
- Experience with automation, provisioning systems and IT configuration management (Puppet).
- Experience with virtualization environments (Oracle VM, VMware, etc.).
- Understanding security concepts at design, technical and organizational levels (patch procedures, encryption best practices, role based access architecture).
- Knowledge of configuration and maintenance of firewall configurations (NAT, Virtual server, Load balancing, SSL offloading, VLANs).
- Knowledge of: Python, Ruby, Bash, PHP, SQL, yaml, json.
- Experience with: Apache Tomcat, Apache web server, Elastic search, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenLDAP.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios) to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring.
- Experience with Redhat / CentOS Linux. Solaris experience is an asset.
- Experience with storage appliances (Oracle ZFS storage appliance, NetApp).
- Familiar with container technology (Docker).
- Used to work with remote clients/colleagues: using phone, chat-ops tools, email.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 29 April 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-DEVOPS-3 as reference.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!