Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EOP- Engineering Support to Earth Observation.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Provision of system engineering support to the Future Missions and Instruments Division (EOP-FM) for Mission and System Studies, which mainly consists of the following:
- Support the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA Earth Observation (EO) missions, in particular for Copernicus Sentinels, new Earth Explorer/Earth Watch missions, Opportunity Missions, F-sats and Scout missions and operational meteorology missions.
- Provide system engineering support to InCubed missions.
- Review Technical Notes and actively participate to progress meetings and reviews related to EO future mission and system studies.
- Support elaboration of SoWs, system requirements documents (SRD) and other applicable and reference documents for future mission and system studies.
- Contributing to ensure the technical coherency of the system design of future EO missions, including, as needed, functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets, system performance analyses, definition of spacecraft and/or payload subsystems and related data processing, and interfaces between payload/platform and launcher and ground segment.
- Perform internal studies for future EO missions, in particular to assess the results of external activities or to prepare the formulation of new mission concepts, including preliminary sizing of platform/payload, first estimation of the system engineering and performance budgets, with a focus on the space segment and its interfaces with the launcher and the ground segment.
- Perform internal studies to evaluate the complementarity between ESA EO future missions and other missions (existing or planned by other space organizations), including mission analysis and assessment of potential synergy or overlap of mission capabilities.
- Support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects for end-to-end performance simulation and system engineering tools for future EO missions.
Specific Qualification requirements
- Master level in a relevant technical or scientific discipline (e.g. Space system engineering)
- Good general knowledge of ESA Earth Observation missions
- Strong and demonstrated background in space system engineering and mission analysis, in particular for Earth Observation missions
- Experience in space projects, preferably in the Earth Observation field and/or in preparatory activities (phase 0 and A)
- Experience with simulation tools: Matlab or Python, MS Excel with VBA
- Good communication and technical writing skills with capabilities to synthesize
- Good organization skills
- Methodical and proactive, with initiative and capability to work autonomously
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience in space system design, mission analysis and small platform sizing is an asset
- Knowledge of Earth Observation remote sensing techniques is an asset
- Experience with STK is an asset
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 29 June 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting EOP-174 ( RT-C/EOP-B/00174) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 01 July 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!