Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of FAM- Facility Management. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to support the Infrastructure Operations Section, in the Directorate of HIF.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The core tasks of the Electrical Facilities Engineer will consist of the following activities:
- Providing active assistance to the EFM Electrical Engineer in charge of the ESTEC electrical installations under the responsibility of the EFM division, and to the Electrical Compliance Engineer.
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing — notably by means of key performance indicators — the execution of preventive- and corrective maintenance activities carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor (or by sub-contracted third party companies) on the general infrastructure technical installations.
- Reviewing, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the construction, renovation, or modification of the technical infrastructure installations; these activities are of a various nature: ad-hoc requests for works, refurbishments, new projects or investments.
- Monitoring and controlling the compliance with the applicable norms and legislations of all the works carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor or other third party companies on the technical installations.
- Preparing work descriptions, technical specifications, or any other technical documents necessary for the coordination of small to large size projects related to technical installations.
- Providing active assistance on multi-disciplinary projects where works/activities on the technical installations are involved.
- Providing active assistance for the preparation, organisation, review and validation of work acceptance tests after construction, renovation, modification or maintenance of the technical installations.
- Implementation and maintenance of service and quality assurance procedures.
- Providing active assistance for studies about the operational condition, the performance, the upgrade and improvement of the technical installations and preparing corresponding improvement plans.
- Liaising, closely cooperating and maintaining a sound working relationship with colleagues within the section, in or outside the
department, and with the site maintenance contractor.
- Identifying and implementing measures that will contribute to ESA’s commitment to reduce its energy consumption and CO2 footprint.
- The incumbent shall be ready to provide assistance on short notice in case of technical problems, operational requirements or emergencies.
Specific qualification requirements
- At least a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in Facilities Management Engineering.
- At least a 5-year experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Electrical Engineering as an area of expertise.
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical Facilities Management systems.
- A good knowledge of building automation tools is required.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation, notably the applied electrical safety legislation and norms. T
- You shall manage, run and supervise works on high- and low voltage installations NEN-EN50110 (NEN 3840 and NEN3140) and NEN1010. The candidate must therefore be in possession of the relevant certification or ready to obtain the corresponding Dutch qualification by following the appropriate training.
- Sound analytical skills; be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair.
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Moreover you should be able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required.
- Knowledge of another member state language or of a language used within ESA’s environment is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 7 February 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting FAM-192 (RT-C/HIF-ETF/00192) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 10 February 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!