Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of FAM- Facility Management. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to support the Infrastructure Operations Section, in the Directorate of HIF.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The EFM Project & Infrastructure Development Section is responsible for the development of the ESTEC site general infrastructure consisting of 150.000 sqm of buildings and technical facilities including offices, laboratories with several cleanrooms, technical areas such as central productions of hot & chilled water, power plants with diesel
generators, water treatment roads, water and sewage networks.
The ESTEC electrical network consists of a 10kV distribution grid and low-voltage installations. In terms of usage and distribution of electricity, ESTEC applies Dutch national health & safety legislation and has devised an ESTEC Electrical Policy to define roles and responsibilities within the organization.
The incumbent will report to the Head of the Project & Infrastructure Development Section.
The core tasks of the Electrical Project Engineer will consist in the following activities:
The management of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and the review, coordination, quality control and acceptance of projects or investment activities related to the construction, renovation, modification
or development of the electrical installations; the management tasks include amongst others:
- Preparation of work descriptions, technical specifications, project budgetary & time planning estimates or any other technical documents necessary for the preparation and execution of the activities.
- Identification and implementation of best practices and of innovative and creative techniques in the electrical engineering domain, that notably contribute to ESA’s commitment to reduce its energy consumption and C02 footprint.
- Preparation and maintenance of project plans.
- Compliance with project management and coordination procedures, quality insurance procedures, quality management system procedures.
- Preparation and follow-up of the procurement of external services required in the projects (e.g. external consultants, engineering companies, execution companies.
- Control and follow-up of the contracted companies’ activities in the preparation, development and execution of projects (e.g. check of the performance in view of the project schedule, costing & quality of the works).
- Organization of coordination meetings between the team members and project stakeholders and/or of Project Board meetings.
- Management of communication and information actions related to the project activities.
- Review and validation of electrical engineering, execution and as-built documentation.
- Monitoring and control of the compliance with the applicable norms, legislations, technical stipulations and requirements of the works carried out on the electrical infrastructure.
- Follow-up, control and organization of the commissioning and acceptance of the activities.
- Provision of assistance to other projects (comprising electrical activities) when needed: the Electrical Project Engineer will provide support during the design and engineering process (for example by reviewing the engineering documentation such as detailed engineering packages, implementation drawings, shop drawings,…) and during the execution process until the final acceptance of the works (for example by coordinating the actions & tasks related to the electrical infrastructure domain).
- Provision of ad-hoc consultative support to the Infrastructure Operation Section and its members for the review, management, quality control and acceptance of all electrical works (including preventive and corrective maintenance works and repairs) on the built environment in order to ensure a comfortable and environmentally sound operation.
Specific qualification requirements
- At least a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in Facilities Management Engineering.
- At least a 5-year experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Electrical Engineering as an area of expertise.
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical Facilities Management systems.
- A good knowledge of building automation tools is required.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation, notably the applied electrical safety legislation and norms. T
- You shall manage, run and supervise works on high- and low voltage installations NEN-EN50110 (NEN 3840 and NEN3140) and NEN1010. The candidate must therefore be in possession of the relevant certification or ready to obtain the corresponding Dutch qualification by following the appropriate training.
- Sound analytical skills; be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair.
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Moreover you should be able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required.
- Knowledge of another member state language or of a language used within ESA’s environment is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 23 August 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting FAM-222 (RT-C/HIF-ETP/00222) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 25 August 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!