Aurora is an established Service supplier and is looking for support in the domain of SW Engineering for one of our customers, leading worldwide company in the development of space instrumentations, such as remote sensing solutions with onboard processing.
The postholder will execute parts of R&D projects under guidance of the project manager and in such a way that the results can be combined with the results of other scientists/engineers working on the project to match the expectations of the customers. The software engineer will be a member of multiple project teams as well as member of an expertise team.
The candidate will be able to see projects through from start to finish, including the launch into space of the instruments developed and built in house by the remote sensing team.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and maintain (embedded) software.
- Develops and builds experimental set-ups.
- Perform debugging and testing.
- Performs literature research.
- Properly document the software in such a way that it is internally available, traceable and can be handed over.
- Writes draft reports that are checked by the project manager or senior scientist-engineer before they are sent to the customer by the project manager.
- Provide proper effort estimates for new projects.
- Prepares and gives internal presentations.
- Orders goods and services for projects following company procedures.
- Participates in and makes positive, constructive contributions to kick-off, major review and closure meetings.
- Informs project manager on the progress of his/her part of the project and alerts project managers as early as possible about problems that may negatively affect the budget and/or time frame of the project.
- Writes sections of offers requested by and in cooperation with business developer.
- Writes white papers related to his/her specific expertise.
- Keeps his/her knowledge up to date by reading specialized literature and by following the developments in his/her fields of expertise.
For senior (8+ years of experience), additional tasks will be:
- Generates specifications for software products.
- Performs code reviews.
- Provides technical guidance to junior/medior software engineers
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Working experience in professional software development for operational use. Specific for Junior candidates: 2 years in professional development of production software; Specific for senior candidates: 8 years experience in professional development of production software.
- Knowledge of development and maintenance of all software related to hyperspectral imaging instruments, including to test-automation and support software as well as embedded instrument control and processing code.
- Experience in Space projects will be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Linux, C/C++ for production code and Python for experimentation and automation.
- Knowledge of Rust for future on-board application code is considered an asset.
- Experience in working with FPGAs and MIPI
- Focus on producing tangible output: delivers professional software including documentation.
- Able to focus on results achieved instead of on what is yet to be achieved. Thinking in terms of solutions, not problems.
- Eligibility to obtain an EU personal security clearance from the relevant national authority.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Very good communication skills as well as qualities of order, method, initiative to work independently, and reliability in the execution of tasks are required.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. The Degree with the issuing University will be validated.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall be requested to provide a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the premise of our customer located in The Netherlands.
- 1 year employment with the firm intention to convert this to a permanent agreement after the first year, depending on your performance and the success of the activities you will be involved in.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- The selected candidate will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week.
- 27 leave days per year, on top of the Dutch bank holidays.
- Annual Bonus scheme.
- Flexible working times and the possibility to perform part of the work at home or in mutual agreement at another location, in accordance with customer’s policy for working hours, times and place.
- Additional disability insurance (WGA hiaat).
- Life insurance.
- Subsidised use of the restaurant on customer’s premise.
- Complimentary coffee and tea and a reasonable supply of soft drinks and fruit.
- Sports and leisure reimbursement for team events or individual sports or leisure activities.
- Bicycle plan.
- Personal development, for example by attending one conference or training course related to your work per year, and support for other arrangements that you propose and benefit your work.
- A laptop for work that you are free to use at home.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 03 April 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting AUR_A22G0004 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them to the Customer by 07 April 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!