Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Science Operations.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Aurora with its Consortium is the largest Service provider of engineering and scientific support at ESA/ESAC.
Employees are our key resource! We know that progress is only achieved by a happy motivated team, that’s why Aurora employs top quality staff by offering challenging work, responsibility, a pleasant environment and excellent remuneration.
Aurora is looking for Engineers and Scientist to support our Service in ESA/ESAC. We are going through the process of a new bid and we are seeking for engineers/scientist to allocate on site at ESAC working in the Areas of:
- Astronomy, Fundamental Physics and Heliophysics;
- Planetary missions;
- Cross mission support.
The main activities will be:
- Science Support
- Payload and SOC Ground Operations
- Raw Data Handling
- Initial Processing and Analysis
- Science Data Processing
- Science Planning
- Payload Operations and Software Development / Maintenance
- Data acquisition / telemetry handling / data processing
- System Engineering Support
- Technical IT Infrastructure and Operations
- Software Development and Operations.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (Msc) or PhD in engineering, computer science, physics, and a minimum of 4 years experience.
- Experience in one or more of the activities listed above.
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated autonomy and good organisation, planning, management and communication skills.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain without the need to obtain a work visa. Only European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and SWISS citizens can be employed by Aurora in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- In line with ESA’s security requirements, prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident, and Aurora will validate your employment history.
It is expected that the work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid (Spain).
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- In addition to public health services Aurora provides private medical insurance in Spain.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide recent experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 26 February 2021, if you think you are an excellent engineer or scientist and you have the right profile to cover one or more of the above activities, you can directly get in contact with Davide Starnone at email email@example.com or you can formally apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-ESAC (AO/2-100045/20/ES/JD ) as reference.
“That’s one small click to apply, one giant leap for your career development.”
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!