Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the Directorate of Galileo Programme and Navigation related Activities (NAV).
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
In order to ensure the correct implementation of the Galileo Ground Control Segment (GCS) developments, engineering support is required in the area of Networks. Activities and responsibilities include:
Be responsible of supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the SCCF element.
- Ensuring from a technical point of view that the element is correctly implemented, tested, delivered and verified, such that it is acceptable for integration into the GCS and meets the overall ESA requirements.
o The follow-up of GCS design activities at segment level (architecture, performances, security).
o The follow-up of GCS Assembly, Integration and Validation (AIV) activities.
o The contribution to the definition of the operations related to the GCS.
- Ensuring that the procurement process, in particular every review milestone, is carried out in accordance with the element SOW and any specific rules defined in agreed GCS Prime “Organizational Notes”.
- Resolving directly with the GCS Prime all minor technical and programmatic problems, including the management of Evolution Maintenance Requests, covering enhancements requested by the Operations team.
- In all activities, maintain a constant awareness of the cost and schedule impact of any decisions made, carefully trading off the benefits to the mission against any possible delays and additional costs for topics related to Networks
Interface with other areas of the project on SCCF related topics.
- Support and interactions with other areas of the project (systems, space segment, operations, GMS, Security) for the provision of expertise related to GCS interfaces and functionality for the topics related to Networks and cybersecurity.
- In particular, interactions with the Systems team, especially for the following system integration aspects:
o Review of system integration test procedures, test data, RVMs, VCDs
o Provision of GCS interface verification status information
o Updates (DCPs, DCNs) for external ICDs
o Support to the EB UNCLA when required and main point of contact for the EB CLA.
- Participating actively in the Networks Change Request and Anomaly Review Boards.
Support the preparation and execution of G2G Procurement actions.
- Support the G2G procurement activities related to the GCS aspects and extended to other areas as required.
- Contribution to the definition of the Ground Segment requirements.
- Technical management of study contracts placed with European industry, including technical follow-up of industrial teams as required.
- Follow up of Phase B0 and preparation of Phase B1.
- Evaluation of proposals and support to reviews
Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service.
- Informing the GCS Technical Manager of any major technical and programmatic problem having cost and schedule impact.
- Regularly reporting on the status of the Networks development within GCS.
- Regularly reporting on the follow-up of G2G developments.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- Master or Phd degree in relevant discipline, with at least 4 years of working experience in the above fields.
- Must be eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s).
- Knowledge of IT technology (including virtualization).
- Knowledge and experience of the design and performance of satellite communications systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Control and Monitoring Systems including its operations, architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge of the development, test and verification as well as deployment of ground segments
- Experience in procurement of industrial activities.
- Good inter personal skills and team spirit.
- Excellent Organizational skills, good practical sense, being able to work effectively in a team and be able to work autonomously in the field of responsibility.
- Proficient in English – both written and spoken.
- Knowledge and experience in GNSS Systems, Galileo experience is an asset!
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 23 September 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting NAV-126 (RT-C-NAV-NGC-00126)as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 29 September 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!