Job ID: NAV-129
Deadline: 27 September 2021
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the Directorate of Galileo Programme and Navigation related Activities( NAV) in the domain of N-ENG Engineering Support.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Galileo Control Segment Networks Support Engineer is assigned to carry out the below activities and must be eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s) and contribute to the specification of relevant processes for Segment and System CI identification, verification and control in support of NAV engineering activities.
In order to ensure the correct implementation of the Galileo Ground Control Segment (GCS) developments, engineering support is required in the area of Networks.
Task 1 – Be responsible of supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the Network elements.
1. Ensuring from a technical point of view that the element is correctly implemented, tested, delivered and verified, such that it is acceptable for integration into the GCS and meets the overall ESA requirements.
o The follow-up of GCS design activities at segment level (architecture, performances, security).
o The follow-up of GCS Assembly, Integration and Validation (AIV) activities.
o The contribution to the definition of the operations related to the GCS.
2. Ensuring that the procurement process, in particular every review milestone, is carried out in accordance with the element SOW and any specific rules defined in agreed GCS Prime “Organizational Notes”.
3. Resolving directly with the GCS Prime all minor technical and programmatic problems, including the management of Evolution Maintenance Requests, covering enhancements requested by the Operations team.
4. In all activities, maintain a constant awareness of the cost and schedule impact of any decisions made, carefully trading off the benefits to the mission against any possible delays and additional costs for topics related to Networks.
Task 2 – Interface with other areas of the project on Network related topics.
1. Support and interactions with other areas of the project (systems, space segment, operations, GMS, Security) for the provision of expertise related to GCS interfaces and functionality for the topics related to Networks and cybersecurity.
2. In particular, interactions with the Systems team, especially for the following system integration aspects.
o Review of system integration test procedures, test data, RVMs, VCDs
o Provision of GCS interface verification status information.
o Updates (DCPs, DCNs) for external ICDs.
o Support to the EB UNCLA when required and main point of contact for the EB CLA.
3. Participating actively in the Networks Change Request and Anomaly Review Boards.
Task 3 – Support the preparation of G2G Procurement actions in the area of Networks.
1. Support the G2G procurement activities related to the GCS aspects and extended to other areas as required.
2. Contribution to the definition of the Ground Segment requirements.
3. Technical management of study contracts placed with European industry, including technical follow-up of industrial teams as required.
4. Follow up of Phase B0 and preparation of Phase B1.
5. Evaluation of proposals and support to reviews.
Task 4 – Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service.
1. Informing the GCS Technical Manager of any major technical and programmatic problem having cost and schedule impact
2. Regularly reporting on the status of the Networks development within GCS.
3. Regularly reporting on the follow-up of G2G developments.
Specific competence requirements:
Specific Qualification Requirements
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Prior to 27 September 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting NAV-129 (RT-C-NAV-NGC-00129)as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 29 September 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.