Job ID: TEC-SWC-920
Deadline: 18 February 2023
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SWC – Software & Control Systems.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of GNC systems for interplanetary and exploration spacecraft as well as GNC for space transportation systems. This comprises GNC for interplanetary cruise, aero assistance, rendezvous and docking, formation flying, or drag-free systems as well as GNC for ascent and re-entry vehicles.
- Provision of engineering expertise and independent technical analysis to the development of ongoing and future ESA missions, for orbiters as well as for space transportation systems. Specifically, GNC design tasks shall include detailed dynamics, environment, actuator and sensor system modelling,
- Implementation of multi-physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, Simscape).
- System sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and functional validation tasks. In the area of technology development, priority areas shall be the conception of new highly autonomous systems,
- Development of real-time optimsed guidance systems for launchers and re-entry systems and the corresponding verification and validation techniques and tools.
- Contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews and provide regular technical reporting..
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in aerospace or control engineering and at least 10 years of relevant work experience in the field of GNC systems for exploration or space transportation vehicles.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Must be familiar with classical as well as modern control and filtering techniques. Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for stablity and performance robustness analysis.
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases.
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Ability to interface with industry.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assists with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 18 February 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SWC-920 (RT-C/TEC-SAG/00920) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 21 February 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!