Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-SYS – Systems Technology And Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
This activity covers provision of senior system engineering support to the Hera mission unit with specific focus on the payload elements to be developed under ESA responsibility. In addition, coordination with payload activities under industry responsibility is required in order to ensure overall interface compatibility and maintain the project implementation schedule.
- Day to day coordination with industry, project team and operations team regarding definition of all instruments’ interfaces.
- Supporting the project team as focal point in all aspects related to instruments (interfaces, development and verification, planning, operability).
- Day to day technical follow up with industry and international partners of the instruments models and related software developments.
- Managing the applicable requirements for the instruments.
- Supporting the Hera lead system engineer for the technical follow-up of the prime contractor in the development and verification of the platform interfaces with the instruments.
- Overview of the definition and implementation of the payload interfaces simulator by the prime contractor.
- Preparing and supporting payload verification activities, test setups, test execution (participation in the planning, TRRs, PTRs, NRBs, DRBs).
- Supporting operations preparation, definition of nominal and contingency instrument operation procedures that will be further integrated in the spacecraft operations procedures.
- Documentation review (test requirements, test plan and test report).
- Reviewing validation activity setups, with emphasis on infrared imaging detectors and the associated control electronics.
- Reviewing commissioning of the validation activity setup.
- Overseeing tests using the validation activity setup.
- Reviewing test data analysis and reporting to the relevant team.
- Support the Hera investigation team and close proximity operations working group in all aspects related to payload operations.
Specific qualification requirements
- University engineering degree (MSc) and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in space systems engineering with focus on payloads development including AIV/AIT.
- Experience in management of industrial activities including reviews.
- Knowledge of deep-space missions, knowledge of asteroid missions is considered a bonus.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Be skilled at fostering cooperative and effective interaction with ESA stakeholders, scientific institutions and industry.
- Have the capability to work independently.
- Be system and results oriented.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 26 April 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-698 (RT-C/TEC-SYS/00698 ) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 28 April 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!