Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Science Operations.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Aurora with its Consortium is the largest Service provider of engineering and scientific support at ESA/ESAC.
Employees are our key resource! We know that progress is only achieved by a happy motivated team, that’s why Aurora employs top quality staff by offering challenging work, responsibility, a pleasant environment and excellent remuneration.
Aurora is looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer in our team of circa 20 staff in Spain and 4 in the Netherlands. The post holder will report directly to the Infrastrucutre and Operations Work Area Manager. We are looking for candidates with specific expertise and experience in the following:
- IT Storage systems (NetApp, others) and protocols (NFS, iSCSI, distributed, others)
- IT backup systems and software (Veritas, NetApp snapshots, tape libraries, others)
- IT virtualization systems (VMware, RedHat, KVM, Oracle, others)
- IT private and public cloud Infrastructure as a Service providers and systems (RedHat CloudForms, OpenStack, VMware, AWS, others)
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in the areas mentioned above.
- A good level of written and spoken English , the working language; Spanish is beneficial
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as autonomously
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain without the need to obtain a work visa. Only European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and SWISS citizens can be employed by Aurora in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- In line with ESA’s security requirements, prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident, and Aurora will validate your employment history.
It is expected that the work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid (Spain).
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- In addition to public health services Aurora provides private medical insurance in Spain.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide recent experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 30 June 2021, if you think you are an excellent engineer with the right profile to cover several of the above activities, you can directly get in contact with Alex Jeanes at email email@example.com or you can formally apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-11 as reference.
“That’s one small click to apply, one giant leap for your career development.”
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.