Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SMT – Structures, Materials, Mechanisms and Thermal Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The technical support shall cover a wider range of M&P expertise of the following materials classes and technologies:
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of metallic materials and processes (e.g. Al-alloys, Ti-alloys, steel) including their surface treatment and joining technologies.
- General understanding of advanced manufacturing technologies, especially additive manufacturing, including correlation between process, structure, and property.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in materials sciences or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in materials and processes engineering.
- Familiarity with ESA Materials and processes related requirements.
- Good knowledge about general materials test methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing and fatigue life assessment.
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation.
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 13 December 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SMT-774 as the reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 15 December 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!