Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of ETM – Environmental Testing and Mechanical AIV Engineering. For a one year contract.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
General tasks related to the role are:
- Inspection, measurement and alignment of parts or units, involving the handling of high-precision measurement equipment in support to Test Centre Customers, the Agency Projects and ESTEC laboratories.
- Definition and implementation of a maintenance and calibration plan for the metrology laboratory.
- Development of measurements and alignment methods and test instrumentation in the field of optical and mechanical metrology.
- Maintenance and operation of the laboratory accredited methods according to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Support to the ESTEC Test Centre investment, maintenance and study activities.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master Degree in Metrology, Optics or Geodesy.
- The candidate shall have minimum 2-3 year experience in metrology application.
- Experience in metrology for satellite testing is an asset.
- Experience in the operation of test instrumentation like coordinate measuring machines, auto-collimation theodolites, laser tracker and standard metrology equipment (e.g. calliper).
- Experience with autocollimator, roughness tester, roundness tester, photogrammetry systems, linear laser interferometer, extensometers, IR cameras, data acquisition systems is an asset, as well as experience in Software programming of devices used for laboratory test beds (e.g. Labview, Phyton, Matlab).
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 31 October 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-ETM-883 (RT-C/TEC-MXE/00883) as the reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 02 November 2022, at 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!