Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section . Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The post holder tasks as Project Coordinator will consist in:
- Coordinating the execution of infrastructure projects in line with sound project management principles and with the ESA applicable procedures;
- Providing technical and administrative assistance to the ESA ESTEC Infrastructure Section disciplines engineers (civil, electrical, mechanical);
- Collecting functional customer requirements covering technical facilities;
- Drafting technical specification and tender documents;
- Supporting the procurement process between ESA ESTEC Infrastructure section and ESA ESTEC Contract Office. Possible procurement methods can be any of the following: open tender; competition between pre-selected companies (frame contractors); purchase order and direct negotiation.
- Supporting ESA staff in the procurement process and in the technical evaluation of offers;
- Supporting ESA staff in the control of project schedule, cost, supervision of works, communication with stakeholders, prduction of reports.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master level degree in either electrical, electro-mechanical or mechanical engineering;
- At least 5 years of project management/coordination experience in building infrastructure and sound knowledge of project management principles;
- Good knowledge of the European and Dutch applicable norms and legislation in their field of expertise;
- Proven record in ensuring project cost control;
- Good knowledge of ESTEC Site and Infrastructure needed to perform activities in satellite tests and laboratories, and a good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment;
- High level of proficiency in the MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio);
- Required languages: English, in both written and oral forms; Knowledge of Dutch is an asset for the position.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 27 June 2016 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed
Recruitment Form or CV and Motivation Letter
to Mr. Davide Starnone,
at email firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting reference HIF-ETF-16/17.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their detailed technical proposal and candidates to ESA by midday 30 June 2016.