Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of PLT – RF Systems Payload and Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the Radio Frequency Equip. & Tech. Section (TEC-EFE) on the following specific tasks:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF technologies applicable to space and ground segments, with particular emphasis on Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies (Atomic clocks, Master Oscillators, VCOs, T&F transfer).
- Provide expert technical support to projects and programmes.
- Development, integration, configuration and running of RF test set-ups for evaluating the performance of RF subsystems for ground/space applications such as:
- Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds.
- ESTEC’s UTC facility
- Navigation payloads
- Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices
- TT&C and Communication payloads
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Specific qualification requirements
- University Master’s degree in Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- Good background on RF equipment and technologies for space application.
- Several years of working experience in the field of Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- NOTE: For candidates with less than 10 years experience, the relevant academic transcripts shall be provided.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 3 October 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-PLT-575 (RT-C/TEC-EFE/00575).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 9 October 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!