Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, the post holder shall be responsible for the coordination of FM general purpose infrastructure projects, including the following activities:
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies an business cases and the request and delivery of the necessary permits;
- Preparation and active support to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, the participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of contractors for the execution of the activities;
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical expert ‘inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes,..) related to general purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company;
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislation, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organization and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the follow-up/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments;
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation;
- The post holder could be led to temporarily take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence. The post holder shall therefore be capable to understand and follow activities carried out by the pool of project coordinators within the section;
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical engineering.
- Substantial experience (minimum 5 years) and a proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects.
- Sound analytical skills e.g. be able to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair; – as much hand-on technical as procedure thinking skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- An experience of ESA tender rules and procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset.
- The post holder shall have a good planning an organization skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 9 March 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting FAM-166 (RT-C/HIF-ETP/00166) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their detailed technical proposal and candidates to ESA by midday 10 March 2021.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!