Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of AOL – Automation Optics and Life Sciences Support.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Overview of tasks
- Support integration and performance testing of optical instruments.
- Participation to instrument design reviews.
- Support of optical instrument developments including resolution of critical development problems.
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systems specifications.
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers.
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses.
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts.
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems.
- Evaluation and analysis of test results.
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments.n of optical measurement data and results and provision of formal written reports to the laboratory customers.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s Degree in Optical Engineering or Physics with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V.
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 19 May 2020 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-AOL-601 (RT-C/TEC-MMO/00601).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 22 May 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!