Job ID: TEC-AOL-811
Deadline: 17 March 2022
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of AOL – Automation Optics and Life Sciences Support.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Follow-up of optical instrument design aspects and support to the development of optical subsystems.
- Provision of expert technical support to ESA projects and studies for the development of optical space instrumentation throughout all project phases.
- Definition and review of all optical system engineering aspects, including requirements, both at system and subsystem level internal and external interfaces, and engineering budgets.
- Participation in project reviews.
- Evaluation of procurement proposals.
- Contribution to design/optical related performance improvement, in particular, by identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution
- Development of mathematical models and simulations of optical instruments.
- Definition and follow-up of instrument on-ground test and calibration activities and of in-orbit commissioning.
- Contribution to lab activities.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Optical Engineering or Physics with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V.
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 17 March 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-AOL-811 (RT-C/TEC-MMO/00811) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 21 March 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!