Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-PAE – Product Assurance and Safety Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment and Software Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This includes the following tasks:
- guiding and monitoring the implementation of Ground Segment and Software PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations;
- supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly and software review boards as necessary;
- ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment and Software PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- monitoring the ground segment and software integration and test activities with quality audits, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- supporting security and cyber-security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
The position requires a strong profile of Software PA, with specific experience (or knowledge of) the following areas:
- software engineering (development, maintenance or testing);
- agile practices for software development;
- hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
Specific qualification requirements
- Masters degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 29 June 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-725 (RT-C/TEC-QQM/00725) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 01July 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!