Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for support in the ESA domain of PAE – Product Assurance & Safety Engineering in the TEC Directorate.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the Galileo Space Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Space Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This includes the following main tasks:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary
- Supporting the implementation of the Space Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Satellite Project
- Supporting the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items
- Supporting the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions
- Supporting the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements
- Supporting launch campaigns as required
- Supporting Security activities for space segment as appropriate
- Supporting the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 1 September 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-861 (RT-C/TEC-QQM/00861) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 6 September 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!