Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for a temporary replacement (4 months) to support in the domain of Business Management, Controlling & Administration.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The holder of this post will be responsible for Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to the EarthCARE mission. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the EarthCARE project manager and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
The post holder will report hierarchically to the Head of the Project Control and Management Support Office for the Earth Explorers and functionally to the EarthCARE project manager.
Typical Project Control duties will include:
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, progress control as well as general project administration) of the projects/missions, utilising established procedures and information systems;
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on status of the project/mission Cost At Completion (including space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency provided services), including annual cost & payment plans and manpower planning; identifying and reporting potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with project system manager/s;
- Preparing, Administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (contracts, Purchase Orders, etc);
- Monitoring and reporting on overall financial status of industrial contracts and internal costs, including overhead, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Preparing forward looking estimates relevant to project specific data evolution. Maintenance of historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes;
- Monitoring industrial contracts and interfacing with Industry on all financial and administrative matters to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, schedule, risks, industrial return, reporting including deviations from plans and trends;
- Contributing to the preparation of contract change documents, participating in Contract/Change negotiations and Change control/Review Boards;
- Supporting the Head of Earth Explorer Project Control Section in executing the section’s duties, including participation in the definition, maintenance and improvement of the project control procedures and computerised information and controlling systems;
- Assist in preparation of project/s audits.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree (MSc) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of 4 years experience with similar activities;
- Experience in the Administration and Control of large projects preferably.
- Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases .
- Experience with SAP system (esa-p) is an asset;
- Good Knowledge of Excel is expected;
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Candidates must possess good judgment, integrity, ambassadorship and good communications skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered apply for this Position
Prior to 25 October 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-EOP-122 (RT-R/EOP-B/00122) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 27 October 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!