Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of BMC – Business Management Controlling and Administration in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Project Control Assistant Administrator will support the Resource Management Section.
Tasks and Activities include:
- Support in the management of the Directorate’s resources and technical infrastructure.
- Support in the implementation of the Directorate’s overall workforce resource planning, competency evolution and controlling.
- Implementing and operating uniform procedures and information systems for the management and control of activities , ensuring proper coherence and quality of data.
- Participating in the definition of efficient processes, methods and tools, with particular emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Monitoring recruitment, functional and integrated support, competency evolution and succession planning.
- Workload planning and controlling and maintaining interfaces with the corresponding counterparts in other Directorates.
- Maintaining a detailed view of the workload and workforce evolution at competency level, implementing a pro-active controlling function and performing the necessary analysis to support regular reporting and the related decision-making processes.
- Controlling the Directorate’s Analysis Centre.
- Financial implementation of contracts, controlling and reporting.
- Responsibility for the efficient administration of the contractor recruitment process for TEC, including updating and maintaining the recruitment system, proactively raising issues to the Directorate’s Technical Officer and producing reports/management information as required.
- Administration of the TEC Timesheet Interface, ensuring the timely completion of timesheets assisting (new) users, proposing and supporting improvements.
- Candidates should possess good analytical and reporting skills and have an affinity with manpower control.
- Applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills and be client- focused.
- Candidates should have an attention for detail and a structured way of working.
- Due to the nature of the position discretion and observance of correct data handling is essential.
- Candidates should have proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being cooperative team players in a diverse and international team.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 29 November 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-TEC-770 (RT-C/BMC-TEC/00770) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 01 December 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!