Aurora is an established Service supplier. We are looking for support in the domain of Sales Engineering for one of our customers, a leading worldwide company in the development of space instrumentations, such as remote sensing solutions with onboard processing.
The postholder will:
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement business development and sales strategies in consultation with management.
- Follow up existing leads and generate new ones.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Provide information on possible technical solutions.
- Facilitate closure of business deals by preparing proposals and offers for commercial and institutional customers.
- Support negotiations.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients.
- Attend and organize events.
- Increase the company’s presence in this rapidly growing market.
Specific qualification requirements
- MSc or PhD in physics or engineering.
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the space industry.
- Sales experience in multiple countries and/or experience in the Dutch space sector is beneficial.
- A basic understanding of optics and electronics, writing technical commercial offers is required.
- Understanding of remote sensing instrumentation and/or applications is beneficial.
- Experience in Geodata collection and services.
- Experience in writing ESA proposals is beneficial.
- Familiarity with writing business plans, negotiations
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Very good communication skills, proactive and flexible team player.
- Excellent organizational and social skills.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. The Degree with the issuing University will be validated.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall be requested to provide a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the premise of our customer located in The Netherlands.
- 1 year employment with the firm intention to convert this to a permanent agreement after the first year, depending on your performance and the success of the activities you will be involved in.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- The selected candidate will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week.
- 27 leave days per year, on top of the Dutch bank holidays.
- Annual Bonus scheme.
- Flexible working times and the possibility to perform part of the work at home or in mutual agreement at another location, in accordance with customer’s policy for working hours, times and place.
- Additional disability insurance (WGA hiaat).
- Life insurance.
- Subsidized use of the restaurant on customer’s premise.
- Complimentary coffee and tea and a reasonable supply of soft drinks and fruit.
- Sports and leisure reimbursement for team events or individual sports or leisure activities.
- Bicycle plan.
- Personal development, for example by attending one conference or training course related to your work per year, and support for other arrangements that you propose and benefit your work.
- A laptop for work that you are free to use at home.
To be considered for this position
Prior to 01 November 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting AUR_A22G0002 as reference.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!