Job ID: TEC-PAE-943
Deadline: 17 June 2023
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-PAE Product Assurance And Safety Engineering. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Under this work package the Contractor shall support the Software and Product Assurance And Safety Engineering Domain within TEC the Technology, Engineering and Quality Directorate.
In particular the specific tasks include:
- Reporting to the Head of the Software Product Assurance Section and in particular specific tasks experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this positions.
- Agile practices.
- Quality Assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Date quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance and Safety baseline.
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractors plans, technical specification and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessment, risk reduction processes and associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
- Participating in project review to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification Engineering.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including ground and/or ground based systems operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management, processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch center safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Consideration in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery“, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres“, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment “and other safety directive relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written); knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- All employees receive good remuneration in line with function and experience.
- When autonomous then teleworking can often be utilized.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week.
- There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora contributes 15,7% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 17 June 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-943 (RT-C/TEC-QQS/00943) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 19 June 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!