Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-PAE – PA & Safety Support Engineer.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the software product assurance programme.
- Monitor and evaluate software product analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
Specific qualification Requirements
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS software standards.
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban).
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- NOTE: For candidates with less than 10 years experience, the relevant academic transcripts shall be provided.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 23 October 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-643 as the reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 27 October 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!