ESA Best in Domain 2020
Aurora is an established Service Supplier to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC, with over 25 years of supporting the Agency.
This position is to support ESA in the domain of Science and Operations within the IT Unit onsite at ESAC, where Aurora have been recognized as the Best provider (Best in Domain awarded to Aurora by ESA).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
As part of the Science and operations IT Unit (SITU) you will be one of the System Analysts in the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team.
In particular we are looking to strengthen the team with an experienced Backup Administrator which also includes archiving of data so that it no longer needs regular backups. Most of the data to be backed up and archived is on NetApp and Isilon storage.
The I&O sub-unit provides IT services, solutions and consultancy in scientific and operations IT infrastructure and cybersecurity across the department. I&O also designs, operates, maintains and evolves this scientific and operations IT infrastructure. Infrastructure main areas are:
- Science data storage, preservation and distribution
- Science data processing
- Data Centre & common Science and Operations Department (SCI-S) IT infrastructure
- Science research environments
- Cosmos portal and services IT infrastructure
- IT Security
The team has the following responsibilities:
- Assist in defining IT Infrastructure requirements into solutions.
- Supporting and maintaining Network Attached Storage devices, virtual environments, GRID computing systems and load balancers.
- Support users via the Service Desk
- Ensure good documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure.
You will support some of the following IT Infrastructure and Operations activities:
- IT backup systems and software (Veritas NetBackup, NDMP protocol)
- IT Storage systems (NetApp OnTap and Dell Isilon)
- VMware virtual computing
- Network Cisco Nexus
- Operating systems: LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, ,…), Mac OS X.
Specific qualification requirements
- Higher Education in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Administrator Experience with Backup technologies:
- Veritas NetBackup,
- NDMP protocol
- Experience with modern DevOps tools for IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Experience on delivering block, file and object storage services based on both:
- Dell Isilon – OneFs
- NetApp – OnTap
- Used to work with remote clients/colleagues: using service desk for communications in the English language.
Other beneficial assets
- Virtualisation with VMware.
- Familiar with scrum/agile methodologies.
- Familiar with Atlassian collaboration products (Confluence, Jira Software).
- Experience with monitoring tools (Zabbix) to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the certificate with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed on-site at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre, at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid, Spain. There are options for teleworking but attendance on-site at ESAC should be the norm soon.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
To be considered for this Position
By 30 April 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-11 ESAC as reference..
Feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!