Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-SYS – Systems Technology And Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The candidate will report to the Head of Systems and concurrent engineering section and for the technical topics to the In-orbit Infrastructure Manager.
As first assignment, the post-holder will support the Galileo FOC In Orbit Infrastructure Unit, for Galileo first generation and second generation, in the areas of Systems Engineering.
- Support to satellite/flight readiness reviews (CDR, AR, FRR, LRR).
- Space Segment leading role for operations/system working groups.
- Space Segment responsibility for Customer Furnished Items and Interface Requirement Document with the satellite manufacturer IRD.
- Support to Non-conformance Review Board (NRB).
- Leading role in System Compatibility Test Campaign (preparation, execution, NRB) including satellite manufacturer interface, contributing to test plans and coordinating with industry and all the stakeholders.
- Responsibility for operations training.
- Support to Launch campaigns preparation and execution, and early orbit phase.
- Improvement of standardization and lessons learned sharing via ESA internal processes.
- Support other activities requiring systems engineering skills.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or physics.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written, knowledge of other languages is an asset).
- Professional experience in satellite systems engineering and in several satellite subsystems.
- Professional experience in the domain of spacecraft operations is considered high desirable.
- Experience with Galileo in orbit activities and specific operations environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with all interfaces (internal and externals) as well as ability to plan and organize efficiently.
- Ability to be results oriented and think outside the box.
- Knowledge of Space Engineering Standards.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree. with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring. that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The contract is until you reach the standard retirement age of the Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes 15,7% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 06 December 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-985 (RT-C/TEC-SYE/00985) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 08 December 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!