Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SYS- Systems Technology and Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The R&D Technology Engineer will support the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development Element of the Basic Activities by carrying out the following main tasks:
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities.
- Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments.
- Managing assigned R&D activities.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required.
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives.
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
Specific qualification requirements
- A PhD or Msc Engineering (preferably space related).
- An additional qualification in Business Administration would be an asset.
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage.
- Knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools.
- Ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
- Languages skills: Fluent English (written and spoken).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 07 June 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-837 (RT-C/TEC-TI/00837) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 09 June 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!