Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Provide expertise in the field of:
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of
atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment.
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere : theoretical and empirical modelling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions.
- R&D in related fields.
- Support to the experimental facility.
Specific Qualification Requirements
The candidate shall have a demonstrated background and experience in EEE component technologies in terms of constituent materials, production technology, test equipment, test tools, test methods and standards (industrial and standardisation bodies), laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment, laboratory work and procedures including common health and safety regulations and in particular those related to Radiation Testing.
- PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- Background in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment.
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts.
- Experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models.
- Good programming skills.
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Good organisational skills.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 29 March 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-EDP-518 (RT-C/TEC-EFW/00518).
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 2 April 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!