Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Systems Payload and Technologies.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Position is mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team; in particular, the detailed specific tasks include .
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects), ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc.) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints.
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions).
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements.
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level.
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs.
- New services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments.
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields. Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Ground Segment algorithms related to the generation and monitoring of the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases…).
- Specific knowledge on algorithms for clock ensembles, real-time clock anomaly detection and automatic fault compensation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge on Resource Abstraction layers (e.g. hyper convergence, virtualisation, containerisation) and data centric processing.
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques, in particular SAFe methodology, is an asset.
- The applicant shall have experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 5 July 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-734 (RT-C-TEC-ESG-00734)as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 7 July 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!