Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for support in the ESA domain of PLT- RF Systems Payload and Technologies in the TEC Directorate.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
You will report to the Head of Section providing support to ESA projects and programs in the field of security; specifically, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of: i) satellite modem physical and
link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing; ii) SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations.
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems with emphasis on network design aspects.
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks.
- Digital communication system and sub-system techniques, high-speed processing techniques for communication via satellites.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAC layer perspective.
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required.
- Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors).
- Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) and commercial simulators (STK, OPNET, NS-3) is required.
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems, sub-systems and networks is preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- Very good communication skills as well as qualities of order, method, initiative to work independently, and reliability in the execution of tasks are required.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 26 September 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-856 (RT-C/TEC-ESC/00869) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 28 September 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!