Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC PLT – Payload Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
This position is for two engineers to provide support to the Systems Security Engineering section, tasks will include;
- System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis.
- System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and threat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle.
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering.
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes.
- Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective.
- Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards.
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification.
- Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as: to perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project / to define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops).
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to: support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation.
- Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation.
- Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields (minimum of 4 years).
- Specific knowledge in security engineering.
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) is required.
- Languages skills: Fluent English (both written and spoken).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 10 March 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-685 (RT-C/TEC-ESS-685) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 12 March 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!