Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of BMC – Business Management, Controlling & Administration.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Earth Explorers Programme (within the Earth Observation Directorate) is looking to recruit an experienced Configuration and Documentation Management (CADM) Officer. He/She will work across the Earth Explorer Programme and also be assigned to work on specific Projects. Initially the split will be between FLEX, FORUM, Biomass, TRUTHS and future Earth Explorer Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s). He/she will liaise on a daily basis with the relevant Product Assurance Managers, Project Controllers and the EOP QMS responsible.
- Acting as the focal Configuration and Documentation management expert within Earth Explorers Programme to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools and to promote standardization.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the project CADM plans and monitor that CM performances are met (together with the Product Assurance Managers and Project Controllers).
- Act as secretary to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of Request for Waiver (RFWs), Request for Deviation (RFDs) and configuration changes requests/proposals. Prepare the meeting and follow up disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Registration and distribution to the relevant reviewers, of Change Requests, Contract Change Notices, Requests for Deviation/Waivers.
- Prepare the CCB meetings by soliciting the required inputs and follow up resulting actions and disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Support the control of the evolution of the Project baseline Requirements and the provision of traceability of the changes.
- Support the setting up and coordination of Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Provide status data and maintaining a well structured configuration record system.
- Support the setting-up and monitoring of operations and maintenance of the Project Data Management (DMS0 within the Eclipse software Suite for management, storage and control of ESA unclassified – with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and Classified Information.
- Assist in preparation of projects audits.
- Support configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Perform Data Collection, extraction from different corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Support the project documentalists in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry.
- Train staff and contractors on Eclipse and other DMS tools.
- Liaise with industrial partners CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Product Assurance, Project Controllers and Project Managers.
The contractor is expected to be or become quickly familiar with the Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks.
Specific qualification Requirements
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Configuration Management and a solid working background in the disciplines related to the tasks described, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of ESA configuration and Documentation management standards (ECSS) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools is a definite advantage.
- Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects in fields such as Product Assurance, System Engineering and/or Project Control is an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Initiative, positive attitude and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external parties (e.g. Industry).
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 13 October 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-EOP-119 (RT-C/EOP-B/00119) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 16 October 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!