Job ID: BMC-EOP-147
Deadline: 22 June 2021
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EOP – Earth Observation. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Copernicus Programme (within the Earth Observation Directorate) is looking to recruit an experienced Configuration and Documentation Management (CADM) Officer. He/she will work across the Copernicus Programme and also be assigned to work on specific Projects. This split will change with time and project needs. The post holder will report hierarchically to the Head of the Copernicus Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s). He/she will liaise on a daily basis with the relevant Product Assurance Managers, Project Controllers and the EOP QMS responsible. Responsibilities/specific tasks:
Acting as a Configuration and Documentation management expert within Copernicus Programme to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools, and to promote standardisation.
• Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the project CADM plans and monitor that CM performances are met (together with the Product Assurance Managers and Project Controllers).
• Act as secretary to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of Request for Waiver (RFWs), Request for Deviation (RFDs) and configuration change requests / proposals. Prepare the meeting ad follow up disposition of amendments to the contract.
• Registration and distribution to relevant reviewers, of Change Requests, Contract Change Notices, Requests for Deviation/Waivers.
• Prepare the CCB meetings by soliciting the required inputs and follow up resulting actions and disposition of amendments to the contract.
• Support the control of the evolution of the Project Baseline Requirements and the provision of traceability of the changes.
• Support the setting up and coordination of Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
• Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration record system.
• Support the setting-up and monitoring of operations and maintenance of the Project Data Management System (DMS) Document Configuration and Change Management (DCCM) within the Eclipse software Suite for management, storage and control of ESA Unclassified – with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and Classified Information
• Assist in the preparation of project audits.
• Support configuration audits and configuration inspections.
• Perform Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse,) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
• Support the project documentalists in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry.
• Train staff and contractors on Eclipse and other DMS tools.
• Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
• Other responsibilities as defined by the Product Assurance, Project Controllers and Project Managers.
The contractor is expected to be or become quickly familiar with the Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks
Specific qualification requirements
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification
• At least 4 years of previous working experience in a similar role
• Proficient in MS Office packages
• Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) is an advantage
• Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools is a definite advantage
• Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects in fields such as Product Assurance, System Engineering and/or Project Control is an advantage.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail
• Good communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
• Initiative , positive attitude and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external parties (e.g. Industry)
• Fluent in the English language (spoken and written), knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
Prior to 22 June 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-EOP-B-147 as reference RT-C/BMC-EOP-B/00147.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 24 June 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.