Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering, supporting the Microelectronics Section.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The position is for a EEE Component Engineer and involves extensive work to be performed in the ESTEC EEE Component Laboratory.
Thus, expertise in the field of:
- Passive Components
- Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF
- Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and
- Hybrid Technology
- General component laboratory practices is mandatory.
Additional tasks may include:
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks;
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks;
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub contracted to external laboratories;
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology;
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology;
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers;
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers;
- Support ISO certification activities.
Specific qualification requirements
- PhD or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- Proficiency in EEE Component electrical measurement techniques is required.
- Knowledge of SEM, FIB and x-ray tomography is advantageous.
- Additionally, auditing of component manufacturers is advantageous.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered apply for this Position
Prior to 25 November 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-662 (RT-C/TEC-QEC/00662) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 30 November 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!