Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EOP- Engineering Support to Earth Observation.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The following activities will be performed within the execution of this Work Package::
- Contribute to the overall specification of the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain (from Scene Generation up to Level-2).
- Monitoring the development of the Instrument Simulator Software developed through an ESA contract with industry.
- Monitoring the development of the Level 1 Prototype Processor Software developed through an ESA contract with industry.
- Monitoring the development and integration of the overall E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and its components.
- Reviewing the Level-1 and Instrument Simulator algorithms and input/output interfaces.
- Ensuring that the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and its components and algorithms meet the required functionality and performance, taking into account system, instrument, geophysical model and calibration/validation facility aspects.
- Installing, maintaining and operating an up to date copy of the E2E Mission Performance Simulator software at ESTEC.
- Analysing impacts on the mission performance resulting from deviations during the development programme;
- Ensuring the proper verification and validation methods are proposed and implemented.
- Supporting the standardisation and the harmonisation between the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and related Products between S4, S5 and S5P.
- Supporting Test Data production and verification.
- Supporting the analysis of the data collected during on-ground and in-orbit calibration and characterisation campaigns.
- Developing any needed software tool to support all the mentioned activities.
- Providing necessary inputs for the relevant internal and external meetings.
- The assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in Python.
- The assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data , S4 enhanced EM data, …).
- The assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT.
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in
the L1b processing specification.
- The support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration key data to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration key data.
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT. The Contractor will report to the S4 Principal Engineer.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
- Master’s or PhD or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with demonstrated background and experience in data processing.
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system.
- Good communication skills.
- Candidate shall demonstrate familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assists with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 09 February 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting EOP-186 (RT-C/EOP-B/00186) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 12 February 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!