Deadline: 18 January 2024
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
General Duties: The holder of this post will be overseeing activities in the field of soft facilities management services and events organisation and will report to the Head of Support Services Section.
Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
The holder of this post will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee services within the soft facilities management domain, such as catering, cleaning, landscaping, etc.
- Facilities management support to ESA projects.
- Be the contact point for public transport, overseeing agreements/contracts with taxi and bus providers.
- Coordination and monitoring of transport and storage activities, including goods’ inwards.
- Liaison with Customs (e.g. import/export) and other official entities in the host country and in ESA (e.g. legal department).
- Coordination in the organisation of conferences and special events (e.g. open day, team day) in ESTEC.
- For the activities of competence:
o Ensure adherence to procedures in relation to health and safety.
o Preparation of contractual documents, surveys and reports.
o Facilitate and draft minutes of meetings.
o Prepare implementation plans and schedules, including budget planning and execution monitoring.
o Evaluate and make recommendations for improvement.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- Master degree.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Dutch language.
- Experience in facility management or service management.
- Experience in customs procedure and/or import/export matters is an asset.
- Willingness to follow training on the subject to keep abreast of changes in regulations.
- Strong customer focus.
- Good and proven organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes 15,4% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 18 January 2024 please apply via our Job Application form quoting FAM-267 (RT-C/HIF-ETG/00267) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 23 January 2024, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!
Job posted by: Domenico #LI-DT1