Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SYS – Systems Technology and Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Galileo Project System Engineer will report to the Head of the Galileo Project Management Support Office.
Tasks and activities include:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document).
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings.
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents.
- Participate in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters.
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects.
- Organising and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required.
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions.
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans.
- Interface with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting.
Specific qualification requirements
- A Master’s degree in relevant Universities.
- Expert knowledge of S/C system and mission design, incl. system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design.
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools (such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF).
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assists with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 07 February 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting NAV-SYS-162 (RT-C/NAV-MMGS/00162) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 08 February 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!