Job ID: TEC-ETM-999
Deadline: 12 February 2024
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of ETM-Environmental Testing and Mechanical AIV Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Support Agency projects on AIV/AIT issues, in particular environmental testing including follow up of industry activities.
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre through all project phases, taking into account project requirements and performance of facilities.
- Support Agency projects with respect to model philosophy definition, requirement specification, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Support Agency project studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility at ESTEC in the domain programmatics and AIV/AIT.
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel.
- Participate in the development of new methods and tools, the preparation and implementation of investments.
Post-holder will have to proactively support Projects with respect to AIT and AIV domains, in particular proactively monitoring and coordinating AIT activities and providing support to Engineering and AIT Manager on Project side with respect to AIT-related aspects, integration, test and launch campaigns preparation and follow-on, assessment of AIT schedule and associated risks, support to project reviews in line with specific AIV and AIT technical competences requested, namely:
- Sound knowledge of satellite qualification and acceptance testing.
- Proven experience with satellite system and/or payload AIT activities preparation, implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with test preparation, configuration and execution, including relevant procedures and processes.
- Experience with active monitoring and support to industrial AIT activities, including problems troubleshooting and resolution.
- Deep team spirit and teamwork experience in space related projects is considered key, as coordination with engineering and necessary specialists has to be ensured along AIT activities.
- Experience with AIT schedules assessment, identifying associated risks and proposing mitigation actions.
- Experience with NCR process and satellite project reviews.
- Experience with lessons learned management.
- Availability to support missions abroad as required by projects.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc.) in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering.
- Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other Member States’ languages is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years experience in space domain, with Environmental Test Campaigns and Launch Campaigns expertise.
- Experience in the development and verification of space hardware.
- Knowledge and experience with GSE.
- Experience in management and monitoring of industrial activities.
- Experience in satellite AIV and satellite testing, and some experience in management.
- Focus on system level activities and thermo-mechanical domain, experience with functional testing will be considered an asset.
- System view and knowledge of other engineering areas on top of AIV/AIT will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of alignment measurement principles and experience with alignment measurements will be considered an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes 15,4% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 12 February 2024, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-ETM-999 (RT-C/TEC-MXC/00999) as the reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 15 February 2024, at 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.